Tuesday, March 9, 2010

And The Oscar Goes To...


Image via Just Jared

Maggie Gyllenhaal...for Best Dressed, in Dries Van Noten.

Big poofy gowns with ruffles, so boring and safe! I adore Maggie's choice for the Oscars last night, taking a chance with a blue and black floral print in a column shape.

Maggie, like my other indie fashion love Chloe Sevigny, takes big risks not only on the red carpet, but everywhere else and last night, it paid off. Keeping her accessories simple with Fred Leighton drop earrings and a chunky jeweled bracelets, she pulls of the whole she-bang. Wish we could see the shoes though, I bet they are to die for.

Nice work Maggie, I can't wait to see what you wear next.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I so don't claim to be stylish at all, but this was one of my favorites too. I was watching all of the morning talk shows this morning and they all loves sandra bullock, and I thought it was really borning. I also liked Zoe Saldana, big and poofy yes, but the color was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree about Zoe, she was my runner up :)

    ReplyDelete