Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Freedom of Speech


I've been battling a sore throat, a fever and all around feeling crappy for the last few days, and its made me miss a few things.  I missed the first full weekend of amazing weather in Sydney, Yoga Aid on Sunday (108 sun salutations for charity), the lululemon Bondi Junction Grand Opening Party, and a few days of work.

It's been pretty shitty, needless to say.  But the thing I miss the most is my voice.  Granted, I can talk, but it hurts.  So I try to save my words for important things and just let the rest fall by the wayside.

It's amazing how not being able to talk makes you think about all the things you want to say when you can and how quickly we take something like this for granted. 

So the next time you use your words for hate, anger or petty needless remarks, remember that your voice can easily be taken away...you should probably use it for better things.

No comments:

Post a Comment