Friday, December 31, 2010

The Year in Review and The Year in Preview

There’s a lot of reflection that seems to happen between Christmas and New Years and this year is no different. 2010 was a whirlwind for me, leaving my home in Phoenix and moving 8,000 miles away to Sydney, a place I had never been. Talk about a leap of faith. But it was time for a change and this felt like a good one. So, as 2010 comes to a close I’m taking this time to reflect on the year that was -- one that I’m grateful for and the year that will be -- one that I am hopeful for.

I am lucky to be here, in one of the most beautiful cities in the world, but I find myself missing many things about home. What is “home?” What makes it such? Family, friends, familiar places, history, all of it. And for now, I have very few of those things here. But did all those things magically come to be quickly and all at once back “home?” No. They didn’t. Time will bring me all those things in my new home, and for that I am truly excited.

I find myself in a place of wondering at this point in my life. What have I accomplished? Where do I want to go? And honestly, the answer to both questions is “I don’t know?” But that’s part of life, right? Figuring that out.

So, with 2011 just around the corner (7 hours away, as I write this) I am so very hopeful, eager and excited for what is to come.  New opportunities, new friends, new lessons learned, new adventures and new newness. 

Twenty Eleven - here's to new.

{Images via vi.sualize}

No comments:

Post a Comment